North Idaho Christian School exists to challenge and inspire individuals to impact the world by growing in Christ-like character through academic excellence rooted in Biblical truth.
North Idaho Christian School partners with parents to create a Biblically-centered learning environment. We endeavor to inspire and empower students by providing challenging academic instruction, critical thinking and lifelong learning skills, with opportunities for servant leadership–all within the context of Biblical truth.
What We Believe
NICS STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Scriptures in the Old and New Testaments are completely without error and are the supreme and final authority of God in faith and life. John 1:1; II Timothy 3:16-17; I Peter 3:15
- We believe the Scriptures cannot be changed or compromised by cultural, political or personal interpretations that may become popular. Matthew 5:18
- We believe in one Almighty God, eternally existing and expressed through the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 1:1; John 17:21
- We believe that Jesus Christ was supernaturally conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, and is fully God and fully man. Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:34-35; Philippians 2:5-7; Colossians 1:15,19: 2:8-10
- We believe that we were created in the image of God, to be in relationship with Him, but we are separated from God by our sins. Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; 5:12; 6:23
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only Savior for the sins of the world, having shed His blood and died on a cross to pay the penalty for our sins. Through His death in our place, He showed us divine love and divine justice, removed our guilt and made us right with God our Father. Those who put their trust in Christ are saved by grace as a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe Jesus arose from the grave after three days, He ascended into heaven and is our High Priest and Advocate. Matthew 27:63; Mark 10:32-34; Acts 10:39-40; Hebrews 8:12; 10:11-12
- We believe Jesus will return to earth in physical form to establish His kingdom on the earth and to judge the living and the dead. Acts 17:31; II Timothy 4:1; Titus 2:11-13
- We believe the Holy Spirit comes to indwell those who put their trust in Jesus Christ. The ministry of the Holy Spirit living in us enables us to live obedient and spirit-filled lives. Acts 5:32; Romans 5:5; Ephesians 1:13-14,17; Ephesians 3:16
- We believe water baptism is a public declaration of personal faith in Jesus, and is symbolic of the cleansing and washing away of our sins. Water baptism is an important testimony of faith and is valuable for the edification of the body, but is not essential for salvation. Romans 6:2-11; Colossians 2:12