Parental service promotes and fosters a Christ-centered, caring-for-others environment as encouraged in Scripture. The primary objective in asking you to partner with NICS is to inspire successful parental participation in support of our school and its mission for our children. Encouraging a strong commitment between the school and families to serve together in tangible acts of service benefits everyone, especially our students.
NICS provides a wide variety of service opportunities throughout the school year. There will be opportunities during school hours, weekends, evenings, or tasks that can be accomplished at home. You may pick up a form for recording your completed hours from the office. The honor system will govern the process.
Each household is to provide a minimum of 15 hours of service for the school year. A single parent household only needs to meet half of that, or 7.5 hours.
- Elementary Lunch Room Monitor
- Speech Meet
- Awards Night
- Spelling Bee
- Science Fair
- Field Trips
- Parking Lot Sale
- Friendship Holiday Bazaar
- Royal Auction (procuring donations, decorating, phone calls, etc)
- Carpentry Help
- Office Bulletin Board (create once a month)
- End of Year Kitchen Clean-Up (8 – 11 am last day of school)
- School Bus Driver (Certified)
- Substitute Teacher (name subjects interested in)
- Substitute Playground Monitor For Elementary
- Library Aide
- Office Help (filing, copying, etc)
- Maintenance Of Facility
- Misc. Other Areas Your Skills Can Be Used (making cookies for kids/staff, other ideas)