This position is responsible for providing computer instruction and serving as IT support.
To plan, instruct, and organize an instructional environment which helps students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
- Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior teaching experience is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to commit to two years of service
The teacher is required to follow all Board policies and to comply with the instructions/directives from his/her supervisor(s). In addition, the teacher shall perform in a manner that meets the following Standards and Elements.
- Teacher demonstrates leadership
- Teacher establishes a respectful Christ like environment for a diverse population of students
- Teachers know the content they teach
- Teachers facilitate learning for their students
- Teachers reflect on their practice
The computer teacher candidates should be comfortable:
- Monitoring and tracking student performance data
- Maintaining student behavior
- Have experienced classroom management
- Lesson planning and differentiating instruction
- Selects appropriate learning resources for students, being mindful of cost for the student