North Idaho Christian School (NICS) is a small fully accredited interdenominational private Christian school located in Hayden, Idaho. At NICS you are not just part of a team, you are a part of our family.
Our staff tenure is a testimony to the cohesiveness and stability of the NICS teaching ministry. Our staff members meet regularly for prayer and devotions. Faculty and staff support each other professionally and spiritually.
We are looking for full-time and part-time Secondary Teachers in the areas of Math, English, Social Studies, Bible, and Language. If you feel you meet the following criteria, then we encourage you to contact us.
Academic qualifications are as follows:
- Must hold a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the subject area being taught.
- Must be able to teach in an engaging manner utilizing a variety of teaching methods.
- Must be able to teach all subjects from a biblical perspective.
- Must be able to maintain classroom discipline to allow learning to occur.
- Must be willing to obtain ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) certification within 1 year after hiring.
Non-academic qualifications are as follows:
- Has accepted Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- Demonstrates a conviction that God has called him/her to become involved in a Christian school ministry.
- Demonstrates consistent outward evidence of an inward Christian character.
- Maintains a regular and contributing involvement in a church having a doctrine that is in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith and which is scripturally sound in its teaching.
- Is convinced of the importance of prayer and a daily time of meditation in the word of God, and actively pursues a relationship with God.
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity, a teachable spirit, and has a clear conscience before God and man.
- Has a workable knowledge of the Word of God, knowing how to feed himself/herself spiritually.
Our school week is Monday through Thursday. This is a ministry and the starting wage is $28,000.